The Ban User option in the Manage Menu allows users app moderators to ban the user from the app and remove all previous Fan Wall posts/comments. This is a useful tool to prevent a user from commenting/posting in the app and can also be a way to reset a single users points to 0.
Banning A Ban User
The moderation of users, comments, and images in Mobile Roadie apps is the sole responsibility of the owner of the app (not Mobile Roadie Support). 3 things will happen with a user is banned in the CMS:
- The user is blocked from posting to the Fan Wall or commenting on content within the app (this ban only affects the commenting/posting. The user can still view content, login with their social networks, like content, share content, etc..)
- Remove all previous Fan Wall and content comments
- Delete all user account points
*NOTE* The deletion of user Fan Wall/content posts and the deletion of user points is permanent and cannot be recovered.
To Ban a user:
1. Navigate to Manage>Users>Comments and click the Ban User button
2. Confirm the user ban
3. Banned Users will show up at the bottom of the Manage>Users>Comments under the 'Banned Users' heading
Unbanning a User
Banned users can be unbanned at anytime in the CMS. When a user is initially banned, they will display under the Banned Users heading as 'anonymous'. Having the user sign out and sign back into their social accounts will re-populate their username and profile picture making it easier to locate the user.
To Ban a User
1. Navigate to Manage>Users>Comments, click the 'Unban' button to the right of the user you wish to lift the ban on
2. Confirm the unbanning of the user
Once a user is unbanned, their Fan Wall and content comment posts will display again in the app for other users to see and reply to. The unbanning of a user DOES NOT recover the users previous points. These would have been permanently reset to 0 at the time of the ban and cannot be recovered.